I've never met my Grandpa. My dad's dad. And honestly don't know that much about him… He died when my dad was in his late teen years. My mom never even met him.
My dad is the second to youngest of 13 kids, and my grandparents divorced when he was young. Of course my dad could visit his dad when scheduled, but other than that, after the divorce, I don't think he saw that much of him. And he doesn't talk about him that much- not that there are any hard feelings- I just don't think he remember's a lot.
I've seen a few family pictures that my grandpa was included in, but other than that, the most familiar picture of him is this one, which is always displayed somewhere among the other pictures in our house, inside of a tiny gold frame.
(Please excuse the extra space on the picture- I scanned it and then cropped it, but this is the way it is choosing to upload. lovely.)
Hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment