Can you believe that? All of these businesses (the Fish House is a restaurant that we ate at last time we were in Branson) are on the lake, and because it is up so much due to the rain, there is no way for people to get to them. I can't imagine how much business and money they are losing.
We spent a couple of hours eating lunch and shopping around at the Landing before it started to look like rain… so we jumped in the car and drove up to the dam. The flood gates were open!
There was this awesome lookout type place to pull over at and look at the dam and the water flowing below. It was kind of cool… but scary because it was starting to storm! Not before we snapped a couple of pictures though!
Please excuse the toothpick in Dylan's mouth… dang boy!
Did you know they have a TCBY in Branson? I was SO excited. We used to have one in Fayetteville and every day I'd beg my mom to take me there when she'd pick me up from the babysitters. So of course, I begged Dylan to take me there in Branson! I had vanilla and chocolate swirl in a waffle cone. BUT the server put SO much frozen yogurt in my cone, that it took me forever to eat… and by the time I got down to the cone, it was mushy aka: a huge mess. And what did Dylan do? Laugh and capture it on camera of course!
Then we played mini golf!
I had so much fun on our mini get-a-way! It was just what we needed!

Looks like fun! I had to laugh at the toothpick thing because Robbie does that all the time too!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your outfit in the last pic! You look so cute! :)
Looks like you guys had a great time!! I cannot believe the flooding!
ReplyDelete