Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So Long September

I am soooo glad September is behind us. It was NOT the month for my family this year. Two weeks to the day after losing our little Herc, we also lost his little partner in crime, Zeena. We've had these two little wiener dogs since we were kids, and for my sister and I, it was our first experiences with losing a pet. Awful awful awful.
A week after Zeena died, was the 5 year anniversary of my grandmother's death. Dylan was nice enough to drive up to the mountain with me where she is buried.
We miss her so much! I hope I remember all the little things about her forever- so that I can tell my own kids about the wonderful person she was. Some good things did happen in September as well. Dylan was a groomsman in his best friend's wedding on September 10th.
He looked so handsome in his tux :) One Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market on the downtown square where Dylan decided he would buy a couple of eggplants. Since he doesn't have all the time in the world to cook them up himself, guess who was assigned that duty??
I made some delicious eggplant "croquets" and they turned out great! I mean, what the heck are you supposed to do with eggplant anyway?! We did a little tailgating…
Gotta cheer on those hogs- rain or shine! Then we welcomed October last Saturday at the Air Show in Ft. Smith.
I have a feeling October will be a great month. My birthday is coming up, and I've had a couple of job interviews :) :) and I'll try to update more :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you both at the wedding! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete