4 years ago
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Here We Go Again
I've had a VERY difficult past week or so. I am finally at a place where I feel like I can recap. So here it goes.
Tuesday Aug. 23 at 3:00pm I had an interview at Head Start for a lead teacher position for a classroom of 3-4 year olds. By 5:30pm I had the job.
Wednesday Aug. 24 7:00am I walked into a classroom that had NO decoration but plenty of toys. I was told to "make it my own" but that my kids would start showing up at 7:30. And then they did. And I had the most stressful day of the year so far, I believe.
From Wednesday until Monday, Aug. 29 I tried my hardest to belong at this place but it just wasn't for me. Lot's of rules I didn't believe in and a series of events that lead me to have panic attacks and WAY too much stress. I wanted to actually teach those babies. I wanted them to know letters, and numbers, and how to spell their names. Turns out Head Start was just a place for them to survive the day… and props to Head Start, but it simply wasn't for me. So Monday afternoon, I quit. I had to.
Tuesday Aug. 30th I was back to watching Kathy Lee and Hoda on the Today Show and I was thankful.
Wednesday Aug. 31st My cell phone died. or fried. or baked. or something like that. It was long gone.
Thursday Sept. 1st I spent the day with Dylan. Buying a new phone and eating out. Always good to run around with that boy. I also turned in an application to be a substitute at the Fayetteville Public Schools.
Friday Sept. 2nd 7:30am our poor 13 year old wiener dog, Hercules, was run over. He seemed fine, and thankfully my dad was still home, scooped him up and ran him to the vet. The vet had bad news though. And later that morning we had to put him down.
It has been a VERY emotional Labor Day weekend around the Reagan farm. As a family, we have never had to put a dog down before, so all the feelings were new and of course, heartbreaking. We miss our little man!
We have 3 other dogs (hey, we live on a farm) so they're keeping us busy but it is still so sad and different now. Herc was such a sweet little thing, and he'd always smile (looked like he was showing his teeth out of anger) and wag his tail when we got home. We really miss that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh gosh girl sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time! It can only get better!
ReplyDeleteMissing you, sweet girl. Wish I could give you a hug. Hope things have gotten better in the last couple of weeks. We love you!
ReplyDelete