Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinterest Smoothies

Friends, I've been super healthy lately… At least for the first half of the day until happy hour rolls around at Sonic… After making this recipe I found on Pinterest, I got a little smoothie happy.

This morning, I took this recipe and made it my own. I was a little worried because the lady who came up with this, "green monster smoothie" swore that it didn't taste bad. She even said it didn't taste healthy. She was right- even with the changes I made, I think this smoothie is delish! Here is how I made it…

1 frozen banana (cut before freezing)
about a cup of ice
1 TBSP plus 1 TSP Honey
1 TBSP plus 1 TSP Peanut butter
1/2 Cup 2% Milk
1/2 Cup Plain greek yogurt
2 cups spinach (I think she calls for 4 cups. 2 was plenty for me)

Just throw it all in the blender

looks good and green, huh?

Now let me tell ya, you're gonna wanna blend this REALLY well or else you'll drink down some pieces of spinach and if you're a "texture person" like me, you're not gonna like it…

Drink up! I saved half of it and put it in the freezer. Hopefully that turns out well for me.

And really, it does taste good. Once you get past the greenness :)

1 comment:

  1. I love green monsters! I used to have one every day but since becoming pregnant I haven't had them as often...I've been on a cereal kick :)

    I don't put honey or peanut butter in mine. I like mine more fruity so I use frozen strawberries/blueberries and I use flavored yogurt!

    ReplyDelete