Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Update

a few things have been going on around here…

* Celebrated Valentines day with my goofball. Homemade shrimp scampi with red wine.

*Babysat this little stinker and her older siblings while mommy and daddy were in Vegas :) I brought her some chocolate for her birthday… can you tell?

* My main man turned 25 on Feb. 22nd. We celebrated with dinner at his parents house. I got him a set of combination wrenches, a tool box/holder thing, and a gift certificate to a shooting range (he wants me to know how to use a gun. Scary, huh?)

* I didn't make it into grad school for counseling. But I'm OK and I will probably apply again in September.

*In the meantime, I'm going to go through the Non Traditional Licensure Program to get my teaching license (since I have to have that to be a counselor anyway)

* A position became open at Creative School and I took it! I'm an office assistant type person. It isn't as good as being in a classroom with the kiddos - THAT is where the fun is - But it pays well and I get to work at the place I love with the people I love so I'm happy :)

*I've been dog-sitting these two things and their older sister bulldog, Ruby.


* I just got my first spray tan, like, an hour ago. It was almost as embarrassing as the annual gyno appointment, but I've got some pretty good looking tan legs right now. SHOUT OUT to cousin Kristin! Thank you!!

*I've been cooking more Pinterest Recipes, chicken pot pie, Quinoa burgers and avocado chicken salad (not all in one meal)


* Tuesday I take the first Praxis exam… which is supposedly the easiest, but I'm still studying! (Its so I can get into the NTL program)

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you!!! Congrats on the new job...glad you are liking it!

    Good luck with the Praxis! :)

    ReplyDelete