Friday, November 13, 2009

Lets talk about BABYSITTING...

I celebrated my 22nd birthday last month... Which was important to me becaue I figured out that I have now offically been babysitting for TEN YEARS. (Am I old?)
That's right, I started babysitting when I was 12. I've been making money and earning responsibility and my reputation for babysitting since I was 12 years old. Incredible.

These days, I take care of only a few families. Families who I ADORE. Families I feel like I'm a part of. Families that will be a part of me forever and ever. (No I'm not just saying this because the only two people who may read my blog are Christy and Denise :) (Love you both by the way)

What I'm trying to say is. I don't EVER think of babysitting as "my job" or a "chore." I'm happy to take care of children. It had made me who I am today.

I would never trade

-The conversations I have with Mia while I'm tucking her into bed.
-The way Paige hugs on me when she first wakes up from her nap.
-Talking about fashion with Abby and watching her pick out an outfit in her closet that was similar to mine because she wanted to look like me at school the next day.
-Learning about animals and wild life by Ian.
-Singing Hannah Montanta with Lia on car rides.
-Playing Patty Cake with Ali and watching her smile/giggle when I "roll the dough"
-Rocking/feeding/Smiling at Ava Kate
-Listening to Cooper tell me all about birds.
-Listening to Drake tell me all about school/video games etc.
-Watching Sophie put on "Make up" (Lip Gloss) ... even on her cheeks!
-Snuggling with Isabelle while we watch movies.
-Doing Mady's hair.
-Going on Bear hunts with Matthew.
-Letting(Except not really, they are too good!) Riley and Aiden beat me at Sorry.
-Singing to Taylor Swift on my adventures with Olivia.

Some people say I do and always will have an impact on the kids I work with. I can believe that...

But it goes both ways...

The way these kids make me feel, and the way they bring SO MUCH meaning to my life will always always always have an impact on me.

So if you are reading this, and you're a Mom I babysit for - I just want to say thank you... for letting me be apart of your lives and the lives of your kiddos. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog, and I am so excited to find it and read about you. We LOVE you! You are such a wonderful, special person. Thank YOU for being a part of our lives. You add so much joy!

    ReplyDelete