Thursday, November 5, 2009

So What do I do?

I have always been against facebook. Didn't want my information out there. Didn't want my pictures out there. Didn't want someone to have the ability to write whatever they wanted on MY page. Weird maybe. But for all these years, I've stuck to my guns. My sister got tired of me sneaking onto her account and looking at old friends and such :) So this past month, she was sneaky right back, and created me a facebook account.

I was mad. Real mad. Deleted it.

A couple days later, I came home from lunch... and reopened that account. For no good reason that I can remember. I just did it. And since then, I've been strong. I've been confident. I've let people in that I normally wouldn't. And I've had many discussions with friends, coworkers, and family members about my little adventures on the infamous facebook.

A friend of mine from work said: "When I find myself online, 'stalking' friends on facebook for hours - I always feel so down about myself whenever I'm done. like they have something I don't."

I said something like this: "OMG I usually feel the SAME way!"

She said back: "You know why? Because People don't put 'real life' on facebook. They post the happy pictures. They post all the GOOD pictures of themselves. They sugar coat everything so everyone will have to think that they are... in a way... 'perfect.' It is all for show."

And you know what? She's right.

But sometimes I still can't help but feel down on myself. Like I don't have anything to look forward to. like my life isn't good enough. Which I know isn't true.

So I still don't know about FB. I may give it a little while longer... But so far it sure isn't doing anything for me except wasting my time and pulling me down.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are good enough!! I would be a crazy lady if it were not for you! :) You are so precious and thoughful and great with my kiddos. We love you!

    ReplyDelete