Friday, June 25, 2010

Peace OUT Summer School!

I was up until 2:00 this morning stuffing in all of the crap I could into a 10 page paper. Don't get me wrong- I knew what I was talking about (and it was mainly all about my opinion anyway) but TEN PAGES?! Come on Dr. T! I had a 4 page paper due in class at 7:30 this morning, then I turned the 10 page paper into my other professor's "box" and I was outta there! I think I did really well in both classes. I'm expecting A's... so we'll see.

Now that I have a couple of months school free, I can hopefully keep up on blogging!

Dylan finally went back to work last Sunday. And when I say finally, I mean FINALLY!! He had over a month of R&R while I busted my but to get to class EVERY morning at 7:30, write 8+ papers, and babysit nearly every day. All he did was sleep and go fishing... I swear. I shouldn't complain too much because he did take me out to lunch a lot :)

I'm really thankful that he found a new hobby, fishing, to put all of his energy into. It was a really nice way for him to unwind after his deployment. He has even taken me a couple of times! OH! And he bought me a pink fishing pole :) :) :) I'm getting pretty good at fishing thanks to him. We went to a beautiful river/creek last weekend about an hour and a half away from our hometown. We packed a picnic lunch and stayed there allllllll day long (which = sunburn. but that's ok.) We swam and fished and basked in the sun! I even caught my VERY FIRST FISH!!!!

It was so funny because the fish were SOOOO friendly there. They would swim right up to you in the water. You could almost catch them! When I felt a tug on my line I started yelling "DYL! DYL! SOMETHING'S THERE!!" And he, of course, started laughing. He gave me directions on how to reel it in, and once I saw it, I said "Oh my gosh! Poor fish! Dyl, the hook is stuck in his mouth!" An older man and his grandson were near and he started laughing, then said something like "Is this your first fish?" Ha. YES!

Anyway, Dylan and I have just been taking it easy and spending our summer doing silly things like that. Next post will be full of pictures I hope! I'll try!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait for a post full of pictures! Good job on catching your first fish :)

    ReplyDelete