Dylan and I took a little trip to the river (I told you about that, didn't I?) a few weeks ago... Here are the pictures I promised!
The place we went to was Steel Creek in Ponca Arkansas. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
And there she is, my very first fish!!
And this is Dylan trying to keep up with me ;) He caught 5 tiny little fish, but they didn't compare to my HUGE one! ;)
Last night, my aunt Karen and uncle Chris threw a forth of July party that was amazing! My family is huge, and there were even more people there than the usual Sunday dinner crowd. For dinner, we had macaroni and cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, pork tenderloin, baked beans, (and a lot of other sides I can't remember!) Because I was mainly focused on dessert! I made these puppies:
Homemade red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting and topped with fresh blueberries! I worked for about 3 hours on those yesterday, and I wanted to DIE by the time they were done! It took forever and I was exhausted! I made them completely from scratch and I am SO proud of myself... I even had one for breakfast this morning! hehe!
Along with those cupcakes (And I wish I would've taken pictures! Ugh!) There were vanilla cupcakes shaped like stars with blue frosting, homemade vanilla ice cream with homemade chocolate fudge, homemade banana nut ice cream, brownies, angel food cake, and some other stuff I can't remember! It was soooo good! I barely ate dinner :) I seriously focused on dessert the whole night!
Dylan and I had a great time. One thing I really love about him, is that he gets along with my family really well. He fits in just great and they all love him :) I'm fortunate that he likes to be around them too!
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Those cupcakes sound yummy! Sounds like you guys had a great 4th!
ReplyDelete