Friday, July 23, 2010

Bad Luck?

These past two weeks have been rough...

It all started a couple of weeks ago. I was finishing up my lazy last few days being off from babysitting for 2 weeks. Dylan and I spent a rainy day in Eureka Springs, eating and shopping and such. We were on our way back and he was driving my car when a light came on the dash. I looked it up in that little book that you're supposed to keep in your glove box and it turns out it is a pretty darn important light... and i needed my car serviced immediately. Called the mechanic.

When we arrived back into town, Dylan pulled over at a tire store (still raining) and got me out of the car to look at my tires that were so "bald" you could see the wires poking out in some places. Turns out it is pretty dangerous to have bald tires... especially in the rain. So at this point, I need my car serviced, 4 new tires, and a towel. Because I'm standing in the pouring rain. Dylan prices tires for me at that store and we head home. A couple day's later my Mom buys new tires for me for $449.00 dollars (since I didn't have the money right then and they were kind of a necessity :) By the end of July I will have all the money to pay her back. Thankfully.

Monday the 12th I take my car to a mechanic to find out what the light is for. $35.00 later, I leave with a fixed car and an appointment for Monday the 19th to get my transmission fluid flushed because I was supposed to do it a year or so ago. I feel much better at this point AND it wasn't raining so I was dry and my hair still looked good.

I made it through Tuesday ok, Wednesday morning was pretty good too. But as I was on my way to babysit the Dossett kid's that afternoon, my car did something weird. Really weird. I would push the gas and it would only "go" a little bit. It did this for 2 or 3 miles. When I pushed the break the car would flip out... and then I would flip out. I called Dylan in a panic and he got frustrated that I wasn't "smart" enough to pull over. Then I got frustrated that he got frustrated and we didn't talk the rest of the day. :) Lovely.

This is turning into the longest story- I'll wrap it up.

Denise Dossett was the sweetest to me that day. She called her brother-in-law's who are mechanics and they came and took it to their shop overnight to fix it. My sweet aunt and uncle (who live close to the Dossett's) brought me an extra car they have so I could use it until mine is fixed. I got my car back the next day. Knowing something could be really wrong, but they did a quick fix to help me out (And I'm so thankful for everything they did for me! They were so nice to work me into their schedule!) Dylan and I took my aunt's car back to her on Friday and we were driving my car home when....

The transmission went out.

That was the problem. And guess what?

It is still OUT.

I had my car towed in to the shop on Monday (Same day it was supposed to have the transmission fluid flushed.. ya know.. to prevent the transmission from going out.) and they've had it all week. The new transmission will be almost $4,000 dollars. It will be a little more because they are doing some other stuff to it as well. All week I've been stressed out and signing papers for a loan :( I thought for sure I'd get my car back by today but the mechanic called yesterday and said the new transmission won't even be here until Monday. I hate Mondays. Seems like that's where the bad luck always starts!

So anyway. That's the bad luck in a nutshell. A big nutshell. Oh no wait- While borrowing my aunt's car and on my way to babysit on Monday (Did I tell you I hate Monday's??) I got a flat tire... IN HER CAR!! Seriously?!

The worst part of the whole thing... is this all could have been prevented if I just would've flushed that stupid transmission fluid a year ago. This is all my fault. :/

But beware. If you drive a honda... most of their transmissions are no.good. You can find this out on many websites where customers can post complaints. Most of their stories match mine.

So if you drive a honda (I drive a 2003 accord) START SAVING YOUR MONEY!

**Bless you if you've made it through this post**

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness Emily! They always say "when it rains, it pours" and that is so true! It seems like all the bad stuff happens at the SAME time!

    I hate Mondays too...try to enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete