This weekend has been quite uneventful. Friday night, when I finished babysitting my Dossett babies, I went over to Dylan's to hang out for a bit. Saturday he came over to my house at 10 in the morning and we drove around, what felt like the whole state of Arkansas, looking at houses that he'd found online. Did I tell you he's in the process of buying a house?? He applied for a loan a few weeks ago and since he's been approved he's gone c.r.a.z.y. searching for houses!
Saturday night, we went to a 40th birthday party for a lady I babysat for a couple years ago, who has since then became a very good friend of mine. Dylan teases me all the time that if we get married, all of my bridesmaids at the wedding will be over 40. ha! He might be right! Most of the "girlfriends" that I really love and trust are women that I babysit for or work with at the preschool. They're the greatest and I'm so lucky to have them as my friends! Anyway, the party was so fun. Julie, the birthday girl, went SKYDIVING on Friday to celebrate her 40th. She is so brave!! But what a good way to celebrate your 40th, right? I love her!
Today I have a baby shower to go to for a friend. She is having a baby boy in September :) I think this might be my first baby shower to go to. I'm excited!
These past two weeks have been AWFUL and I cannot wait to see if this week will be any better. Hopefully, by Monday night I'll have my car back. I can't wait to put all of my stuff back in it and CLEAN IT. I've missed it so much... I know that sounds silly. It is just a car. But it isn't the same without it! Hurry up Monday night!
Hope you have a great, lazy Sunday :)
4 years ago

How exciting about Dylan buying a house...I can't wait to hear more about it!
ReplyDeleteI am totally with you on being friends with older women! There were two ladies I worked with at an internship in college that I just loved! Up until a month ago, when I moved, I met them for lunch every week to just catch up! They are 43 years old :)
It's nice being friends with older ladies, because they've totally been where we are right now and can offer great advice. It's also nice that there is no drama that 20 year olds have :)
So glad to call you my "girlfriend". :)
ReplyDelete