Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Birthday

It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Northwest Arkansas and I just felt like telling everyone it was my birthday. But I didn't. I just walked around with a smile on my face all day. :) I went to class, had Chick Fil A and a red velvet cupcake for lunch, back to class, then over to Dylan's house. As I was opening presents from his parents I heard the ice cream truck. So, you guessed it... I skipped my happy self outside and Dylan bought me some ice cream! I felt like a kid!







After that I finished opening gifts from Dylan's parents, and I'm so sad because I didn't get a picture of either thing they bought me! First a pair of earrings that are my birthstone, and then his mom put together a shadow box of pictures from Dylan and I on the day he left for his deployment, and the day he came back :) It was very sweet and it will be hung on a wall shortly! Love it!!

Next, I went and got my eyebrows waxed at Ulta. It was probably one of the best parts of my day ;) They did a great job, and it usually cost's $20 (plus tip) to get your eyebrows waxed there but on your birthday its FREE!! So I'm pretty sure I just started a new tradition on my birthday :) I'm also pretty sure that I'm only getting my brows waxed once a year... because $20 bucks?! Come on people!

Dylan has class on Thursday nights, and he even had a test on my birthday :( So he didn't get to come to my birthday dinner. My family took me to La Hacinda, it was my choice and its a family favorite! My mom and I split a margarita and the waitress put it into two little wine glasses. Ha. So cute. We called them "mini margs"



They have a special at this restaurant, "stuffed avocados." I eat avocados with a SPOON they're so good so this is my favorite thing to get there. They're stuffed with either chicken or beef fajita meat and rolled in ... something.. then deep fried. Two come on a plate and I can only eat one, so I took the other for Dylan to eat after class :) I'm such a nice girlfriend.




So thankful for family that celebrated my birthday with me!!

I have an aunt, Laura, who is CRAZY about taking pictures of EVVVERYTHING. So I gave her the camera knowing we'd get a few good pictures out of the night. She took this one right as we all loaded in the elevator at the restaurant. Then she got in and we all crowded her in a corner so she couldn't take anymore :)



Back at my house I opened a lot of fun gifts, including a bike that I wanted!






I was very proud of Dylan for wrapping my presents all by himself... even though they looked like it ;)




My cute little sister, Katelyn.


This is the picture taker, aka "crazy aunt laura" :) Love her.


Even though she isn't looking, this is my grandmother :) My dad snuck in the picture too!


And we ended the night with these little babies. They are DELISH!

Thanks for sticking around for the insanely long post! It was a great birthday and I couldn't possibly be more thankful for the people that surrounded me that day!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures...your hair is getting soooo long already!

    Glad you had such a great birthday! :)

    Love the new picture on the header!

    ReplyDelete