Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sad Heart.

For the past four years, maybe five, I've babysat for a wonderful couple, Chris and Christy Murphy. Over the past year, I've watched their three little kids at LEAST once a week. I know their routine. I know their stories. I know their quirky personalities. I know where everything is in the kitchen. I know Ian hates green beans but likes carrots. Lia likes "white milk" and chocolate milk. Ali likes formula :) I taught Ali how to play Pat-a-Cake. I bought Ian play dough for his birthday at his request. I LOVE to tuck them in at night, tell them I love them, then crack their doors open with Legos and baby dolls so they can see into the hall way. I've become a part of their family. And they've become a part of mine.

Last Wednesday was my last time to make them dinner, tuck them in, and tell them I loved them before they fell asleep. Thursday afternoon I pulled up to babysit their neighbors (and my other little loves,) the Dossetts, only to find a moving truck in my (parking) spot right in the middle of the cul-de-sac.

They've been planning this move all summer. Chris is a doctor and taking a job that he's really going to love in South Carolina.

South.Carolina.

Do you know how far away that is from Arkansas?


While I'm SO happy for their family, because Chris will be happier and he will get to spend a LOT more time with his kids and wife (which he deserves-so do they) I am still SO heart broken. I didn't realize how hard it'd be until Thursday night. So hard to say goodbye. So hard to think, although I know I'll see them again someday, I won't be able to cook them our usual dinner, watch Hannah Montana at 6:30, and tuck them in at night. Things aren't going to ever be the same and it makes me SO sad.

I've been thinking about them all day. Hoping that they made it to Hilton Head. Hoping the kids will adjust in school and that Ali will transition well (she just turned 2) and love their new home. Hoping that Christy doesn't overwork herself with the unpacking, etc. and that Chris really will love his new job and all the time off he'll have to go along with it. I hope they make new life long friends there like the ones they have back here in Arkansas. And I hope they don't forget me, their first babysitter, and maybe big sister? :)

Love to the Murphy Family in their new home, South Carolina.
I'm missing you guys already!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you sure do know how to make a girl cry! Sorry I'm just seeing this. Still trying to get caught up with everything. Which may take awhile. You will ALWAYS be a part of our family. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete