Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life Lately

First of all, I have no business writing a blog post right now. But I'm just going to keep on typing and uploading pictures as if I didn't have a meeting with my advisor yesterday to try and drop my elective class because I have "too much on my plate" this semester. That's right. School has taken over my mind, my body, my heart, my soul, my appetite, and my sleep schedule. (And when I say appetite, I mean I'm living off of Sonic diet vanilla Dr.Peppers, halloween candy, and the new pumpkin frozen custard at Shakes and Andy's... both are great by the way.)

I met with my advisor yesterday because after doing my degree check a week or so ago, I found out that I have more elective classes than I needed (Which was a huge surprise. I thought I'd have to take 2 summer classes in 2011 because I was so behind.) But I'm not. I'm more than caught up. And while I do enjoy the elective class I'm in, it is just too overwhelming. Because let me tell you what else is on my "to do list" for the rest of the fall semester. Needless to say, it is too late to drop the course. So I'm stuck with being overwhelmed.

1. Obtain 3 different graduate school applications from 3 different schools and began filling them out and asking for letters of recommendation.
2. Study/make good grades in the 3 program courses I'm enrolled in.
3. Study/make good grades in my elective class... and also write a 5-6 page paper :/
4. Study EVERY DAY for the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) and take that on December 2nd. And I'm not complaining here... but it is on a Saturday Morning at 8 am. Pray for me.
5. Oh yeah, and get through final exams somehow.

It's just too much. And I think too much and I over analyze. I haven't been sleeping well at night. I'm EXHAUSTED by the end of the day... too exhausted to crack open a book, but I cannot shut my brain off. It took me forever to go to sleep the other night and I had a terrible headache. When I finally got to sleep I woke up at 3:45 and didn't go back to bed until 5:15-5:30. And I still had a headache. I've just got to pray about this. That's the only thing that's going to help.

Dylan and I have still been figuring each other out. We have our ups and downs but... more ups lately :) Yesterday we went on a bike ride. It was a really cool (really long) trail that practically goes through all of fayetteville. We're still figuring out how many miles we rode because we didn't go the whole way... all I know is, today my backside is SO sore. I can barely sit down. Ouch.
(I have pictures, just haven't uploaded them yet.)


A couple of weekends ago... ok, on October 15th. My cousin Austin and a few of his friends invited us to go bowling. The last time I went bowling I was on a field trip in the 5th grade. I didn't feel well during the trip and ending up puking all over my best friend on the bus ride back to school. Bowling hasn't been on my list of things to do since then. Ha.


Ugly bowling shoes!


My score = 55


Dylan's score = way over 55.


Do you watch Teen Mom on MTV? It started out as 16 And Pregnant and then they've followed these girls and their babies and some of the baby's daddies. Anyway. Maci and her ex boyfriend Ryan are on the show. They had a baby boy, Bently. Ryan isn't the nicest guy in the world, and Dylan does the BEST impression of him. And I have red hair like Maci, so it only fit to be a "teen mom" for Halloween, as awful as that sounds. So here we are at my best friend's Halloween party last Friday night. Ryan and Maci. Haha.


The next day, our friend from high school, "B," got married to a very pretty girl, Samantha. B is a country boy 100% so it only fit that the wedding was half pretty pink and half camouflage. We wanted to dress the part. So we decided to wear button up plaid shirts and jeans to their wedding. Dylan showed up to pick me up wearing his plaid shirt and a COW TIE. Yes, it had cows on it in all different patterns. Where in the WORLD did he get that?! I have no clue. But he did take it off before we left, I can promise you that. This picture shows exactly how I felt about his ensemble.


Sweet B and Samantha. I got teary eyed during the ceremony because B was GLOWING. Seriously glowing. He was so happy and it made me so happy for him. I don't really know Samantha, but she made a very beautiful bride. They're relaxing beach side as we speak. So happy for them!!


And here is a fun picture of Dylan to end on. I just want to mention, he's been very supportive, understanding, and extra sweet while I've been so stressed out lately. I'm a lucky girl, I know. :)

3 comments:

  1. That is so good that Dylan has been so supportive of you during such a stressful time....college is stressful, no doubt about that! I think you are doing the right thing by withdrawing from the class....you obviously hvae too much on your plate and it is effecting your every day life (not good!)

    I love your Halloween costumes....you will make a cute pregnant lady someday :) It's too funny that you are holding a beer with a pregnant belly too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog.. you and Dylan are such a cute couple, and it must be so nice to have such a strong support during this trying time.. hang in there! Once school is finished and you are living your dream job, all these hard times will be worth it!!

    PS... Amazing halloween costumes, and too funny about the cow tie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that bus ride back to school. You waited until we were ten seconds away from the school to get sick :) but hey, I love you and we are still friends even after that!

    ReplyDelete