Sunday, February 20, 2011

Should Be Doing Homework

It doesn't even feel like school started this semester. So far, we've had (almost) 10 snow days. Is that crazy?! The whole town (or pretty much NW Arkansas) shuts down when it snows. The last time it snowed we had 22 inches! That's a record! It melted pretty fast because it was light, fluffy snow. And I was thankful for that because at the time I was dog/house sitting for 3 English Bulldogs who are extremely spoiled and hate to get their feet wet. So to say I shoveled a lot of snow is an understatement :)

When it snows, I never feel stuck inside because Dylan LOVES to drive in the snow... as I think I mentioned before. And he's so good at it and makes me feel so safe! I was thinking about my favorite time of year with Dylan and came to a conclusion that I really just love them all.

In the Summer, I love love love going to "the river" with him, packing picnics, driving with the windows down, canoeing, going to the lake, fishing, etc. And on a side note- I never did ANY of these things before Dylan came along.... :)


In the fall I love our annual drive to look at the fall leaves. We didn't really get to go on one last year, but the year before that we drove to Lake Fort Smith and Devils Den- took lot's of cute pictures too! We also went to a local pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins! That was a great fall season with him.




In the Winter, of course, love driving in the snow with him. It might be my favorite thing in the world. Especially because it feels like we're the only ones in the world since the town shuts down. No one is out!


And I guess, sadly, I never have experienced the Spring season with Dyl. We started dating in May 2009 and the whole spring season of 2010 he was in Afghanistan. So I can't wait for this one! I'm so excited just thinking about it!

Last night, we enjoyed some really yummy sushi at a local sushi bar, and then Orange Leaf frozen yogurt for dessert! Then we went and shopped for the birthday boy, because he'll be turning 24 on Tuesday! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment