I have, however, been out of the house. So I can't say I'm sick of being stuck at home. Every time it's snowed since Dylan and I have been together (minus the huge storm last year when he was in Afghanistan and I really DID get to complain about being stuck at home) we've driven around town, sometimes really late at night, making "donuts" in empty parking lots and climbing snowy steep roads in his truck. He loves it. It is kind of a tradition. Last night on the way home, I told him I probably felt safer riding with him in the snow than I do my own dad, but that he couldn't ever tell anybody I said that... since I'm a daddy's girl and all... nobody does anything better than my dad :)
(In front of the beloved truck ;)
He came to pick me up one night this week, and when I got in the truck it was FREEZING. I asked him why it was so cold in there and he said (no joke,) "I rode over here with the windows down so I could hear my tires crunch the snow." THE TEMPERATURE WAS IN THE TEENS!! HE DROVE 10 MINUTES TO MY HOUSE WITH HIS WINDOWS DOWN! Crazy guy. He does love his truck.
A little tattle tale on me...
Dylan has "drill" this weekend for the AF in Fort Smith. Because school has been cancelled so much and because I won't be able to see him this weekend because I'm house/dog-sitting, I decided to go down to Ft. Smith with him on Wednesday night. While he was at work yesterday, I decided to drive his truck (which I had a few minor panic attacks about and I'm sure he did too :) to a grocery store and get some things for him to snack on for the next 3 days that he would be there. 15 minutes and 17 dollars later I climb up into the truck (in the 20 degree weather) and try to start it.. and it wouldn't. I left the lights on. It was SO cold and I couldn't get a hold of Dylan because he was working. So I call my daddy :) Luckily, he reminded me that I had an AAA card. PERFECT. I call the 800 number on the back of the card and give my information to the kind lady on the other line. And then she says "Ma'am it's currently 8:35am and a service person will be at your location around 9:50am." WHAT?! I know I could've gone back inside the store, but my PHONE WAS NEARLY DEAD and I found a charger in the truck and sat out there with it while it charged. Everything turned out fine, and it didn't even bother Dylan :)
So he drove me back home last night after we ate dinner at a little Indian restaurant when he got this idea in his head that his breaks aren't working right. Side note- he worries about his truck like I worry about my health. Obsessively. So what do you think he does? He goes to a carwash. Spends 4 bucks in quarters and literally stands out in the 20 degree weather with a hose, washing off his car. The kid is crazy. But he's cute. So we get back to my house and he stays for a bout 45 minutes. Sits on the couch with my ipad, looking up 50 different websites that could possibly tell him whats wrong with his breaks. (this is the same as me looking at WebMd for every possible explanation of each "symptom" I have) And before you know it, he is on the road again to Ft. Smith, calling me to tell me he's really worried. Just like I call him to tell him I'm really worried that the bug bite on my arm is cancer. His breaks are fine. He made it there and he'll make it home on Sunday :)
That's all for now, folks. It just started snowing again... Ugh. Off to get some studying done, I suppose!
Happy Weekend!

haha! love the picture at the end! I hvae to say that is something I totally would do (be stuck with a pickup that didn't start!) Glad it all worked out okay!
ReplyDelete