I know it is getting a little old... but seriously. I should be doing my homework instead of writing a blog post.
I have a test in my Speech Science class on Tuesday that I should be studying for. I've made a stack of flash cards to study throughout the semester, so I'm not behind on the studying really... or organization, should I say... I just need to sit my butt down and DO IT.
Instead I'm drinking a cup of coffee and trying to keep my eyes open on this mid morning Sunday. I've already cleaned the kitchen along with my mom and sister, to prepare for the sunday night crew. This will be the first dinner we've done in a long time, and I absolutely cannot WAIT to see everybody!
Here is what has been going on in my life lately:
1. I've submitted all 5 of my graduate school applications and now I'm playing the waiting game.
2. I've pretty much said a prayer every time I've mentioned graduate school in hopes that I will trust in God's plan when the time comes to open up acceptance/rejection letters.
3. I went with my best friend, her mom, and another bridesmaid to Clarksville, Arkansas on Friday afternoon to pick out her wedding dress!!! She bought the very first one she tried on (she did try on others but none of them even compared) and it is GORGEOUS. I wish I could post a picture but I can't. Top secret. :)
4. Dylan and I spent the afternoon yesterday in Eureka Springs, Arkansas where we probably walked up and down the main road 20 times. There are plenty of fun shops to go into... and some not so fun... but none the less we had a great time. I wish I had pictures to show but we forgot the dang camera. ALSO- We found out that the few good shoe shops they have there do this, "everything in the store is half off" sale at the beginning of each year (or actually one lady said it starts a week before Christmas.) and last year I guess Dylan and I went that week before Christmas and he found a pair of Merrel's for half off! He wears them almost every day. And this year he found a cool pair of Keens that I have a feeling he'll be wearing a lot this summer. It was a great deal. Some stores carry Hobo wallets and Toms shoes too. Except of course they were all sold out by the time we got there. But I'M REMEMBERING FOR NEXT YEAR! A week before Christmas and I'm there.
5. A total stranger informed me that I have a huge head. Thanks lady in the hat shop, I will not be buying a hat from YOU. I was on the hunt for a big floppy hat to wear this summer when we were in Eureka yesterday and seriously- the lady in the hat shop tried to find a million different hats that would fit me before giving up and just telling me I had a big head. Awesome.
6. Also in Eureka... Dylan bought a pocket knife from a guy who kept singing his own version of "pop goes the weasel." That was interesting.
7. We ate dinner at our favorite dining spot in Eureka, Sparky's. Where we both tried Tabouli for the first time. It was... interesting.
8. I saw my first real hippy walking on the main road yesterday, carrying a little dog. She had a huge tulle bow tucked into her head band and it flowed down her long tangly brownish-blonde hair. She had on a sweater, a skirt, probably about 4 different leg warmers on each leg, different colored/striped socks on each foot and two different shoes. Yep. That was a real live hippy.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I think I've stalled long enough.
Time to hit the books!
4 years ago

A real hippie huh...nice! haha! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun little weekend trip!
Sending up a prayer for God's plan to be the one you are hoping for as well :)