Yesterday I totally stepped out of my comfort zone.
I went under the knife and had my wisdom teeth taken out. It was the scariest thing I've ever done- I hate not having control over myself and on the referral my dentist wrote to the oral surgeon he pretty much told them to knock my butt out bc I was so nervous!
I've never been admitted to the hospital, never had a broken bone, an IV or been knocked out. So yesterday was seriously one of the scariest days of my life. I will say now though, that it wasn't as terribly bad as I thought it would be. I was scared that I would be so sick to my stomach but I haven't been. I was also terrified of the IV placement. Poor girl that did it probably felt terrible. She knew how scared I was and she had to stick me twice :( she kept saying she was so sorry. It did hurt, but not for long.
Right as soon as they started to push the meds into my IV to knock me out, I felt like I was having a million heart palpitations- one right after the other. It was a terrible feeling. I did the little cough thing, like I couldn't catch my breath. I remember telling them over and over that something was wrong with my heart and they said they had me hooked up to a monitor and that my heart was beating normally and then BAM next thing I knew I was sitting beside someone else whose head was wrapped up in ice in a small recovery room. I was either really cold or the anesthesia was wearing off because i was shaking pretty bad.
I remember being wheeled out to my moms car but I dont remember the ride home. Mom, dad, dylan, and my grandmother who lives next-door have been taking care of me really well. Dylan brought me a chocolate shake that I scarfed down because I was so hungry. After that I had some pudding. Today I get to eat warmer foods which I'm excited about!
Except Dylan is on his way over again with another chocolate shake and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about that too :)
4 years ago

Oh yuck that is not fun! I had mine out 3 years ago.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy those shakes while you can :)