We went straight downtown to visit the hot springs- I was so excited to show Dylan.




On Saturday, after breakfast at the Pancake House, we went straight to the races!




This was the first time for either of us to go. It was a whole different world there. And let me tell you… a LOT of different walks of life we saw that day. Whew. But it was SO much fun. We placed several different bets- spent a total of 38 dollars and when we cashed in, we got 43 back. So we came out 5 dollars ahead. Not too bad :)




I think I have more pictures on my camera (the ones above are all from my phone) Because I know on Sunday before we left we toured a couple of the famous bath houses, and I got some great pictures there. So maybe a different day I'll upload those. The bath houses were so cool!
We've also been spending a lot of time outside…
Practicing horse shoes and planting some peppers and herbs.



Dylan and I love to cook, and almost every recipe we use calls for fresh cilantro or parsley. So we buy a bundle at Wal Mart for 88 cents and even though it isn't expensive- it is still wasteful because we only use a little bit and then save the rest in the fridge only to throw it away later because it goes bad. So, we decided to just plant our own! I'm REALLY excited to cook this week and use some of it! Dylan, of course, had to plant some peppers… we'll see how that goes :)



Last week I made Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp and it was DELISH! I'll make it again! We had baked squash and zucchini with it, and strawberries and blackberries for dessert :)


This past weekend we took it easy. Did some yard work and ended Saturday night like this

And he might kill me… but one last picture that I just can't leave out- Dad was transplanting two HUGE Azaleas on Saturday morning. They were so big that he had to bring out the tractor. Dylan was helping him and I walked outside to see how it was going and this was what I saw. I just cracked up laughing! What a priceless picture…
I just love that they get along so well! Happy April!

That's awesome I have been wanting to try and plant some herbs and things. Fun!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics!
ReplyDelete