Happy August 1st!
This weekend started off rough. My relationship with Dylan took a small turn, and I'm happy to say now, that we've learned a little more about each other since Friday.
I have always seemed to have this idea in my head, that when you meet the person you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with, everything is perfect. You never fight, never argue, never disagree. When Dylan and I find something that we don't see eye to eye on, I immediately think the worst (as I have done with every relationship in the past.) Truth is, it is better that we don't see eye to eye on everything - if we were the same person, having the same opinion on everything, we'd probably be a very boring couple. So there is the small break through for me this weekend. And I say small because I know that I will be dealing with this issue more, and constantly reminding myself that our differences are good.
On Saturday, we headed off to Branson, MO. to spend the afternoon. There is a (fairly) new Titanic museum there that I've been dying to see! We planned to go there first, but unfortunately realized we forgot the camera :((( So instead we headed down to the Branson Landing, a very nice outside shopping mall right on the Lake. There are a lot of yummy restaurants (mainly seafood/fishy type restaurants) and the atmosphere is just wonderful. We've been there once before together, and we just think it is a nice little get-a-way. We did a little shopping, ate fish and shrimp at the Fish House, then ended up at Orange Leaf - a frozen yogurt place that is so fun! We shared cheese cake and pomegranate frozen yogurt with Kiwi and almond slices on top! It was delish! Of course we had to make a stop at the Bass Pro Shop there... and look at every fishing reel that could possibly exist on this earth. ;)
We got in late last night and poor Dylan had to work at 6 this morning :/
I slept in! Ha! Now on to the Sunday chores and Laundry!
4 years ago

I used to be the same way...Robbie and I never ever fought and when we finally did I thought the world was ending and our relationship was falling apart....HAHA! Wow do I look back now and just laugh at that! Fighting and arguing are defintely healthy and you definitely come out of them with a stronger realtionship and learn more about each other like you said!
ReplyDeleteBranson sounds fun...I've never been!