Sunday, August 22, 2010

Proud

Summer has almost ended, my friends. I'm really having some bittersweet feelings about it because it is absolutely one of my favorite seasons to spend with Dylan. We have so much fun in the summer and he brings out an adventurous side in me (Post on that tomorrow maybe...) Last night, as we were eating dinner he said to me "I don't want to go back to school, Em." Which brings me to the title of this post.

Dylan has attended 2 semesters at the community college in Northwest Arkansas. He completed tech school for the air force (or military?) and hasn't been to school in at LEAST a year... maybe a year and a half... maybe longer. To be very blunt, he hates school. He has no desire to go but has a lot of future plans for himself that require a college degree. He's a smart cookie, but just does NOT like school (haven't we ALL felt that way?)

Tomorrow night, after he gets off of work... he will be attending his first college class of the week. That's right, my friends. Dylan is going back to school. And I am so proud! He is taking 12 hours this semester and all but one are at night. I am so thankful that he made this decision. I know he can do well and hopefully I can help him (in the organization department ;) and that should help him keep on track.

We've had the best weekend, and the best summer together. Bring on the fall and bring on the school work! Dylan is going to kick butt this semester!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Dylan! That's great news...I think I told you before, but Robbie was the same way. He HATED school, like absolutely hated it. There were so many times he wanted to quit and not because he wasn't smart or not doing well, just because he did not like it. I am so glad he stuck it out and graduated though and deep down inside I think he is too! So I hope Dylan sticks it out...he won't be sorry!

    ReplyDelete