This afternoon I babysat Ian, Lia, and Ali Grace. Some of my very favorite children in the world! I might have mentioned earlier that I LOVE conversations with kids right before bed time... but meal time is also a great time to chat, and I've had some pretty darn good conversations around the dinner table.
Today was a busy day at their house, a lot of workmen were there fluffing up the flower beds and a few of them were laying a patch of sod right outside the dining room window. Ian and Lia were wound up this afternoon, so they were especially talkative, and very curious of what the workmen were doing outside and Lia says this, "That is just SO nice that those guys are doing this for us. Look how pretty they are making our flower beds! And they been here a long time to lay that grass down. They are just working hard!"
I thought it was so sweet that she thought of them that way. Like they came to do their family a special favor and she was so appreciative!
Ahh. Innocence.
Happy Wednesday :)
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment