That's it. Only 28 more long days and he'll be here.
Now, I might be able to blame this on PMS, but there have been a couple times recently when I've just been drivin' down the road, and actually the other day I was sitting IN CLASS and I started getting all weepy and teary-eyed just THINKING about the day he comes home. I think its a huge mix of emotions from anxious, worried, excited and impatient. I really don't want to have high expectations built up for the moment I lay eyes on him (Can you tell I'm a romantic and I have the scene from The Notebook in my head where Ally runs to Noah after she decided to come back to the white house with the wrap around porch and the blue shutters?) I want it to be perfect. And it isn't going to be.
I was talking to a dear friend about it at work the other day. Expressing my concerns. I said something like "I don't want to expect some grand welcoming and long romantic kiss. He's not the PDA type, plus his whole family will be there. There is no room for romance." And she had a sweet little smile on her face when she looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Its going to be all about this." and she pointed back and forth between our eyes. You're just going to have to look him straight in the eyes and that will say everything you're feeling at that moment. I cried. She's right.
I'll have a week off between the end of finals and the beginning of summer classes (yuck) before Dylan gets back. Which I think will give me some time to relieve some stress. Within the next 3 weeks, I have 6 tests and 2 big projects due. I'm also babysitting like crazy, working at the preschool, and painting (finishing tomorrow) some canvases I've painted for the annual fundraiser at the preschool. I'll have my work cut out for me and I'm going to be soooooo excited when school is out next Thursday! WOO!
Hope your week is off to a good start!
More nonsense soon, I promise! ;)
4 years ago

Oh girl don't be worried that the moment you see each other won't be perfect because it will! It will be YOUR perfect. Just seeing each other and having that "feeling" when your eyes meet will be more than perfect and the long romantic kiss can be saved for when it's just you two alone, because you know he will be dying for it too!
ReplyDeleteWhen Robbie came home from his first deployment I felt the exact same way as you! I was sad because I knew that I probably wouldn't get the first hug and he probably wouldn't want to be all lovey dovey because he doesn't like PDA so much either and I knew I would want to be following him around like a tail but I would have to share him with his family and I honestly didn't want to.
It actually worked out just fine and the worrying was for nothing, because even if you don't get the first hug or he doesn't hold onto your hand the whole time, doesn't mean he isn't excited to see you or doesn't love you. It's overwhelming for them as well and he is probably more focused on getting his family out of the way and getting some alone time with you! :)