Friday, April 23, 2010

May 16 2009

The day we "ran into each other"

Dylan and I actually met in 7th grade. To this day, he can tell you the class we were in, the teacher we had, and probably what I was wearing the day he first saw me. I can't remember ANYTHING from the 7th grade except that the girls were mean and I hated it. HATED it.

We went to separate junior highs and then the same high school 2 years later. I hate to admit this, but I was the "goodie goodie" in high school. At least thats what people referred to me as. If you ask me, I was just scared to get in trouble, so I was a major rule follower... for the most part. Dylan was just the opposite. He hung out in the parking lot with all the "country boys" and he is what I would like to call a "wild child." He was NOT a rule follower by any means. I was always attracted to him. He was tall and handsome. He had lots of friends... and they were always in trouble. For this reason, I was scared of him. I would avoid him in parking lots and hallways. I would blush when he talked to me. He was always flirting (aka: teasing me)

I guess you could say, I've always "had a thing for him"

So Fast forward 3 years, and May 16th 2009 rolls around. I was in my cousins wedding in June, and his fiances bachelorette party was the night of the 16th. We started off with a lingerie party at the maid of honors house, then moved the party to Dickson street where we all sat at the Piano Bar, singing songs and trying to complete a "Bachelorette party scavenger hunt"

Now... I will just state now that drinks were involved. Because otherwise, I would have NEVER done the scavenger hunt. And that's all I'll say about that.

Back to Dylan...

He walked into the bar with some friends, and I'd seen him walking back and forth through the bar a few times. We never made eye contact and I didn't know if he'd remember me or not. Plus, why would I say anything to this guy I was scared of in high school?! I was standing at a table by the door talking to some guy (trying to get things checked off the list) and Dylan walks past me, about to leave. I grab his arm and say "Do you remember me?" He says "well yes I do, Emily" and the rest is history!

Actually, the rest is really the funny part of the story....

The Bachelorette LIST of things to accomplish was pretty innocent for the most part.
-get a guy to tell you a dirty joke
-let a guy buy you a drink
-get a phone number from a guy
etc...

But one thing on the list was to "get a guys underwear"

Which is OUT of my comfort zone I tell you... But the next thing out of my mouth to Dylan was

"Good, can I have your underwear?"

And that's exactly what I got.

We exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since. I don't know exactly what happened to the underwear. We had quite the collection by the end of the night, which is REALLY disgusting I know, but it was such a fun night.

Dylan gets so mad at me when people asked where we met and I'm quick to tell them "In a bar!" He always corrects me with "we've known each other since the 7th grade!"

And we have. The beginning of our story is pretty funny and very unusual... but I wouldn't change it.


We're pretty funny and unusual ourselves :)

(((25 days until he's HOME!!)))

1 comment:

  1. Ah I love this story...so cute! :) You guys are adorable!

    25 days...you got it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete