Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm a Graduate!

On May 14th, 2011, I graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Communication Disorders from the University of Arkansas! Can you believe that?! I'm so glad it's done.
To be honest, I wasn't really all that excited about graduating. These past two years at the U of A have been really hard on me. I didn't feel like I belonged there, and the work was really hard, so I struggled to keep my grades up. Also, I didn't make it into graduate school for speech path, so these past couple of months have been especially hard- I was graduating, but I didn't have a plan. I didn't have a job, and I didn't have school. So I've just been lost lately.
I graduated at 4 pm and then drove back home with mom, dad, and Kate, and my whole family was there waiting on me to celebrate. I had the best time! But I won't lie, I was holding back the tears all night. People kept asking, "so what is your plan now?" And for the first time in my whole life, I couldn't give them an answer. I felt awful. I mostly answered with, "I'm lost right now." Finally, at the end of the night, most people had gone but my uncle Kenny was still there with his family. He sat down with me and told me I have so many options and I just need to figure out what I want to do… then the tears started flowing. And it felt good since I had been holding them back all night! I've been blessed with such strong male role models in my life. I have the best dad, but I also have a LOT of uncles who love me and care about me. That brings tears to my eyes.
ANYWAY- On with the happy stuff! Here are some pictures from the big day!















Mom and Dad did so much to make this day special for me! I am such a lucky girl to be surrounded by my family on special occasions… and all the time, really :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Emily!!!! Love all the pictures! Your Uncle is right...you have some many options and you will be so great at whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete