Well, Sasha wanted to do something drastic on her wedding day, and that she did! After spending the night with me the night before the wedding, we woke up early and got ready for her FIRST hair appointment of the day.
See how long and beautiful her hair is?? It's always been that way. She hasn't had short hair since the forth grade when she was too embarrassed to walk into the class room on the first day of school, so I coached her in :) Can you imagine how much hair product she's gone through since then?!
Well not anymore!
She chopped ALL of her hair off on her wedding day! And on top of that, she donated her pony tail to locks of love :) So sweet!
Funny story- we'll never want to forget it- Sasha made that hair appointment with my hair lady, Ruth. Now, Ruth has been cutting my hair since I was a little girl, and I always go through these phases where I think I want my hair CHOPPED.OFF. Just because it is SO thick and heavy, and hard to manage most times. Ruth will NEVER let me cut my hair short. She'll usually just reply with a "nope, sorry," and it is that simple. The only time she came close was around this time last year when I donated my hair to Locks of Love. And that wasn't even "short" (ok, for me it was!)
So I knew when we showed up that day that we could NOT mention that Sasha was later getting married, or Ruth wouldn't have chopped her hair off. So the other bridesmaid, Amy and I just sat supportively and watched her chop away. At one point all three of us got a little giggly and Ruth became suspicious. She looked at us and said, "what is going on?" This was after all the chopping was done, she had already washed Sasha's hair, and now she was just shaping it up. I told Sasha it was probably safe to tell her then, but Sasha was too giggly to get the words out. So I spilled the beans and said, "She's getting married today :)"
RUTH LOST ALL THE COLOR IN HER FACE!
All she could do for the next ten minutes was walk around the salon and tell EVERYONE, "She's getting married TODAY and I just cut 12+ inches off of her hair!!"
Ruth was so nice, she didn't even charge Sasha. She said "It's on me today, happy wedding day!"
It was so funny- a memory I hope we never forget.
To see wedding pictures of her finished new do, click here. :)

That really was the BEST DAY EVER!!! So much fun!! I LOVE IT!! :)
ReplyDelete