Keepin' it real here.
I'm worried. But if you ask my mom, dad, sister, Dylan, or any aunt/uncle/cousin/grandparent or friend, they'd tell you this is normal for me.
I HATE that this is considered normal for me. And mostly when I express my worrisome thoughts, people will say "Just don't worry about it." And I HATE when people tell me not to worry. I even told Dylan tonight, "when you tell me not to worry I worry about why you told me not to worry." Its such a vicious cycle with me.
We had a small talk tonight, that involved tears on my part. See, I graduated college a month ago. And since then, I've done ABSOLUTELY.NOTHING. And while I thought I'd feel relaxed and great about that, I was wrong. In fact, I only felt relaxed and great about it until about 3pm on the first day that I sat at home, alone, and did nothing. I COULDN'T EVEN MAKE IT PAST 3PM ON THE FIRST DAY!
Dylan and my family have been teasing me- and I've been making a little fun out of it too-about being jobless and having "too much time on my hands." And when Dylan and I sat down to talk tonight, I started off with "You know how we've all been joking about me not having a job…" and he finished with, "it really hurts, doesn't it?" Read.my.mind.
He was right. He knows exactly how I feel. He knew exactly what I was going to say. It does hurt- no, my family isn't hurting my feelings- it hurts to not have a plan. It hurts to sit at home and only get excited over if Kathy Lee and Hoda like the daily cocktail. I can recite every commercial, word for word, surrounding the Today Show. On a positive note, my room is always clean:)
I'm just lost still. I need to find out what to do with the rest of my life, but every time I think about it I have crazy anxiety. I can't afford to make another bad decision.
4 years ago

Oh, girlie! Wish I could help you. Keep praying and stay positive. Try and enjoy this time because soon you will be wishing for free time! Just take it one day at a time and keep that beautiful smile on your face. We love and miss you bunches!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you 100%. In the same boat.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks and people joke about it a lot, but it's not the most pleasant thing.... Add in being carless, living at home (which is actually a blessing, but you know... it's hard to see it that way), and being single... when TONS of people i went to school with are engaged, married, and living on their own... it's tough.
I'll pass on something I've been told many times and that it's impossible for God's plan to not come to pass as long as you are living in Him. And there are things right now that we can be doing that we may not have a chance to do again. I think sometimes we're expecting God to write is specifically down for us and I know some people believe there's an exact step you have to take each time, but I know that God is faithful and He will continue to guide you....
Hang in there, girl! And know that there's someone in Atlanta just as worried & "stuck" as you feel right now!
I'll be praying for you!
Hannah
Hi Emily. My name is Terri and I linked to your page through Kelly's Korner. I'm not single, but I'm "shopping" for a single friend.LOL! I just felt led to offer you some encouragement today. Congrats on your recent graduation and let me just say, God has a plan for you! I'm sure you've heard that a million times, but during this transition phase in your life, SERVE HIM. If you have idle time on your hands, help out in VBS or at another church's VBS, go to youth camp as a sponsor, give the children's workers at church a break and volunteer in those classes, or volunteer at the Boys and Girls club. Anything to keep you busy and help others. I understand your anxiety, but there is a good chance that the Lord will lead you to your next stage in life THROUGH your service to Him.
ReplyDeletePraying for His guidance in your life.
terri@diamondnet.us