Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jillian Michaels

I went to my first job interview on Friday. It isn't for a job that I want, but I thought it would be good experience for the interview process (it was) But that isn't the topic of this post, obviously.

The night before, the interview, I came home and dug through my closet to find something to wear. I tried on 3 pairs of dress pants that are at least two sizes bigger than I thought I was. So I gave up.

The next morning, I tried on a dress in my closet and went downstairs to ask my mom how it looked. She very nicely (she would never hurt my feelings, and she didn't here either-I'm just telling ya the truth of how it all went down) pointed out that my stomach is sticking out more than usual. I agreed. It does. I can't even suck the dang thing in.

enter, Jillian.

I immediately went back upstairs, and found some of her junk mail in my inbox, did some clicking around, ended up at her website, entered my credit/debit card information, and BAM- I'm on a diet.

This is my second full day of it and I really like it. I'll be honest, I don't know how long it will last- but this is as serious as I've ever been about losing weight, so I hope it lasts long enough for me to learn some life style changes.

I like Jillian's dieting plans because its so simple- burn more calories than you consume. Now, of course I'm still learning all of the ins and outs, but I like it. It's fun so far. I know it'll be important for me to find time to exercise for almost an hour a day, 5 days a week… even if I don't feel like it. For the past two days, I've been doing her "30 day shred" dvd (level 1) for 20 minutes, and then going on a twenty minute bike ride in the 90 degree weather. It feels like its enough for now.

I went to the store yesterday and found some healthy snacks, fruits, cottage cheese, whole grain english muffins, etc. I've been living off of those, and that doesn't feel so bad either. The only thing I haven't liked so far was a recipe on her website, "egg white omelet" << yuck. I'd rather have a regular one egg omelet, which I think I'll stick with from now on.

I am a girl who LOVES food. I'll admit, one of mine and Dylan's favorite things is to eat out. He's opened my eyes to lots of different foods, and they aren't bad- we just eat out too much :) So of course, I'll need to cut back on that when possible. I'm also drinking a LOT of water. All day. With lemon. BUT- I cannot give up Sonic diet cokes, etc. I figure as long as I drink enough water each day, I can reward myself with Sonic drink every now and then :) They're diet after all.

I like Jillian's website because I can enter everything I eat durning the day in a food log, so I know how many calories I consumed (and it is EASY to do which I didn't expect) And then, I can enter everything I did durning the day, my bike ride, her 30 day shred level one, all the way down to how much I think I walked, into my exercise log and figure out how many calories I burned. I could get used to this. It's only 4 dollars a day, and I'm on a trial period for two weeks so I have time to figure out if I like it or not, then start paying the big bucks (52 dollars up front for 13 days)

So here I am- starting a new little journey. If I do really well, I might post before and after pictures… but that is ONLY if I feel brave enough :) I'm off to exercise! Have a happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. EMILY- i didn't know you had a blog. i just weirdly stumbled upon it and when i have time i can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for doing something to improve your health and make you feel better!

    I posted it sort of subtly on my blog (haha) but I joined Weight Watchers a few months ago and I just LOVE it! It works, I will tell you that and I do not feel like I am depriving myself at all!

    The working out part is never a problem for me, it is the healthy eating...and I finally feel like I am on the right track!

    I hope it continues to go well for you! Losing weight is hard, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete