I was babysitting a little girl named Riley a month or so ago...
While eating our mac and cheese at dinner time, we had the cutest conversation.
She picked up my cell phone and saw a picture of Dylan on the back ground.
Riley: Who is that a picture of on your phone?
Me: My boyfriend, Dylan.
Riley: Where'd he go? ( I guess she'd overheard a previous conversation I had with her mom.)
Me: Well, he is in the Air Force...
Riley: My grandpa used to be in the Air Force! Actually, he used to be in the Army maybe...
(She takes a big bite of mac and cheese and I'm thinking that topic of conversation is over)
Riley: So, how long will he be gone?
Me: Till May
(She is super smart and starts counting on her fingers)
Riley: Only about four more months! That's a long time!! My grandpa only used to leave for about 20 days at a time. But he didn't really ever go to far... Just like, to Tulsa and stuff.
HAHA! Can you believe it?! The things kids say is what I LIVE for!!! (Wow - that statement will really be accurate once I become a Speech Therapist!) Ha!
Anyway... I love to tell stories about the things I hear while babysitting! It seriously brightens my day to hear the things kids have to say!
I love Riley and all the rest!
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment