For the first 16 years of my life, I lived two doors down from Mema and Poppy (My mom's mom and dad) Every Sunday night, everyone would meet at Mema and Poppys house for dinner. As all the grandkids got older and began school and extra activities etc., Sunday dinners eventually fizzled out and just became and "every once in a while" type thing.
Then in September 2006, our Mema passed away.
My mom was determined to bring us back together as a family and to continue or renew the tradition, that had always been.
We started to get together on Sunday nights at our house, soon after Mema passed. At first, I think it was just my mom's side of the family, of course. But as time went on, we eventually started inviting a few aunts and uncles from dad's side.
Now, Sunday night is the best night of the week. It's a perfect way to end the weekend and devote time to family. We usually have about 20-30 people here and it's the best thing in the world!
Here are some pictures of last weekends Sunday Dinner...

Yummy Cheese Dip!

Mom's Homemade Salsa... its SOOOO good!




Oh my goodness! The sweet tea!

Finished Product :)

My plate! Soft Chicken taco with homemade guacamole!

Snacking on dips before dinner! That's my cousin, Austin. (He's single btw!)

Last Sunday was so pretty! So dad built a little fire and we sat outside before and after dinner!

Little boy cousins who should've been outside playing in the beautiful weather!

Aunt Florence usually brings a yummy cake! It's so good!
I wish I would've gotten more pictures of family instead of food... guess I was hungry!
Happy Saturday!

Hi Emily!! Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello! Aren't you just the most adorable thing!!!!!!! =)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of a big family dinner...but seriously, who cooks ALL that? I am impressed!!
you are so fortunate to have such a large, loving family....they are far and few between. people are so busy with their lives that they "miss" what's really important....those we love and love us!! ENJOY every second!! Hopefully you and the Mr can begin your own traditions one day!!
ReplyDelete