Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Typical Day

Since January 4th 2010 ...

This is how life has been.

-7:30 -Wake up
-9:30- First class
-I go to my classes until sometime in the early afternoon.
-Depending on what day, I either babysit :) or Work at Creative after my last class.
-Study.
-Eat.
-Study.
-11:30 Sit by the phone and wait/hope for Dylan to call (At this point, it is 10:00am in Afghanistan and he has just arrived at
work)
-Study. Wait for Dylan to email me. (And answer my emails because I pretty much send him 5 a day. ha)
-Around 2am I crawl into bed.. I can receive emails on my cell phone and if he isn't busy, he can still write to me.
-I fall asleep after that and wake up at 7:30 the next morning and start it all over again!

Some days, I'm so tired that my eyes sting all day and I have to fight to keep them open. I can honestly say that it is worth it though. I love to hear his voice and I get SO excited every time I hear "You've got mail" :) :) :)

If I'm really lucky, he will call me in the morning (His night) before he leaves work!! These are the BEST days! I answer the phone, still asleep basically, and he says "Good morning, I only have a few seconds because I've got to catch the bus. But I just wanted to wake you up and tell you to have a good day." Its the sweetest thing in the world. Makes me miss him terribly though :(

I realize that there are women out there who have husbands overseas for YEARS at a time.. and they never get to talk to them. I think I'm pretty lucky to get to talk to Dylan as much as I do.. I honestly don't know what I'd feel inside if I didn't get to talk with him so much. I know I'd probably feel pretty lost though. I look up to all those wives/girlfriends who deal with these situations all the time.. especially if they have babies :(

It is 12:00 am now, and I just got off the phone with Dyl... Off to study now! (You know the routine ;)

5 comments:

  1. Precious blog, I'm glad you found me! Speech pathology is a great great great career path. Even after I stopped working, I found myself STILL doing therapy like activities on my son :) He's 13 months old and knows over 50 words! I guess it never ends. Good luck with school! It will FLY by before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a LONG paper chain when my husband was deployed- I totally remember those e-mails and phone calls, too! Hang in there- the reunion will be very sweet! (We're hoping to land back in Arkansas when this tour is over!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your schedule....I so admire you..Love your blog.. Hope you will stop by...I just added some extra giveaways...
    So glad to have a few hours to blog hop.

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily,
    I have two sons in the Army. My 19 year old will be leaving soon to go to Afghanstan and my 21 year old is still in AIT but may be going to Iraq to join the 256th.
    I will be joining you soon with the emails and phone calls! I will keep you in my prayers!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet post! I'll be praying that you guys are back together soon.

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete