Sunday, May 23, 2010


Meet Sasha. She and her boyfriend, Justin are responsible for the wonderful pictures taken below :) And I love her for that and for many other reasons! Thanks again Sash!








































There are a few more... But I'm tired of uploading!

Dylan has been home for almost a week now and it feels so GOOD. I've spent every single minute I could with this boy over the past 6 days and I'm not even sick of him yet! ;) So much has changed between us. He seems a little different, but not in a bad way.

I have noticed in myself, that I have 10 times more patience and understanding with him. Little things that he did that used to bother me, I now love. I laugh a lot more. I can joke a lot more with him.

I knew when we left that we needed a change in our relationship. We fought more than we got along. To be honest, we weren't on the best of terms before he left. But I had been praying about it and knew that the right thing to do was to be by his side through the deployment.

I've prayed so hard over the past four months for God to make a change in us. In BOTH of us. And over the past week I've seen it. I've seen the change in everything that we've done together.

If there is a silent moment between the two of us, one is quick to fill it with "I love you" We say that more than we ever have. We have laughed and joked and genuinely just CARED about each other more. I'm so thankful for that.

I'm SO proud of him. We go around town and we will run into someone I know and I'm quick to say "This is Dylan, he just got back from Afghanistan!!" I tell our waitresses, I brought him by the preschool I work at to show him off to all of my friends there, I would tell random people on the street... but that might embarrass Dyl :)

Everyone is so proud of him and that honestly just makes my heart happy. I'm so happy and SO proud.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! You look so gorgeous! I love that hair flower...so cute! Is that a mustache?! Robbie had one for awhile too while he was gone but he shaved it before he got back. Boys will be boys!

    I am so happy that things are going so well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! :) where is your dress from? it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete