Monday, May 10, 2010

Gotta Love him.

So Dylan doesn't explain things very well. I just had a conversation with him via Facebook and it went a little something like this:

E=Emily
D=Dylan

E: Are you nervous?
D:Nah, I'm just packing and ready to be home.
E: You'll be fine, Dyl. So tell me how your day is going to go down.
D: Well, I have to catch the bus in an hour, then I get my bags checked at 1400 hrs and turn in my gun and ammo at 1600 hrs
E: Speak english. I'm not in the military
D: 2 and 3 o'clock
E: Appreciated. So, what time does the plane leave?
D: Oh I don't leave till tomorrow (Monday night for us, Tuesday for him)
E: No Dyl, you're getting your bags checked... sooooo you leave today :)
D: Yeah I get my bags checked but then they keep them until tomorrow when we leave.
E: You don't explain things very well...
D: Maybe you don't listen very well...

*But I know it wasn't my listening skills because he never explains things very well :)He explains it like I'm there and I know what he is thinking and feeling etc. I'll work on that with him when he gets back ;) *

So I've tried to do the math and calculate the hours, but it honestly makes my head hurt. So I've come to the conclusion that he will be leaving Afghanistan for Manas sometime on Monday night. He will stay in Manas for 5 days and then be home on Monday the 17th!

Then, my little boyfriend who is scared to death he will forget something (I'm SURE he has made a huge list of everything he needs to pack, complete with little boxes out in the margins that he checks off as he goes along :) Kept saying "ask me questions" in the middle of conversations and I had no clue what he was talking about, so I would just ignore it (ha) then about the 3rd time he said it....

E: Ask you questions about what?
D: Ya know.. Quiz me on stuff I need to pack.
(I smiled here because thats what he made me do before he left for Afghanistan. And because I just think it's cute :)
E:Ok, Do you have your ipod?
D: Check.
E: ipod accessories?
D: Check.
E: Tooth brush?
D: Check

and so on....

What a stinker. :) Can't wait for Monday the 17th!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Don't you just love how they expect us to know everything about the military and how everything goes with all that stuff...speak in normal terms please haha!

    It's getting close :)

    ReplyDelete